The holy month of Ramzan is here and Reshma Aslam is sharing her favourite recipes with us.
Chana Batata is a Bohri style side dish and one of the most popular street snacks in Mumbai during the holy month of Ramzan," says Reshma.
- 250 grams brown chana soaked overnight (brown chickpeas)
- 2 medium sized boiled potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp gram flour (chane ka aata)
- 5 to 6 green chili paste
- ¼ cup coriander leaves grounded
- ¼ cup coriander leaves chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lemon juice
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves
- Boil the chana in a pressure cooker for about 4 whistles. Should take about 30 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When it crackles, add ginger garlic paste, green chili paste and ground coriander leaves.
- Mix gram flour in ½ cup of water. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Pour it in the pan with the masala. Cook for 2 minutes. Keep stirring so no lumps are formed. Add water if required.
- Add the chana. Mis well. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add boiled potato cubes and chopped coriander. Mix well. Turn off flame.
- Sprinkle lemon juice. Serve hot.
Photograph: Reshma Aslam
- How to make Dabba Gosht
- How to make Saucy Chicken Drumsticks
- How to make Malpuas
- How to make Crispy Thread Chicken
- How to make Baida Roti
- How to make Almond Phirni
- How to make Dahi Wada
- How to make Cheesy Corn Pattice
- How to make Dragon Chicken
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.