Relish these yummilicious baby potatoes cooked in tamarind and jaggery.
- ½ kg baby potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 15 gm tamarind
- 15 gm jaggery
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil tamarind and jaggery in ½ cup water for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Let it cool before grinding mixture in to a smooth pulp.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds.
- When it starts to crackle, add tamarind and jaggery pulp. Mix well.
- Add chilli powder and salt. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the mixture thickens, add baby potatoes. Mix well. Cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Mix and serve hot.
Photograph: Reshma Aslam
> More recipes and food features here
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.