Food blogger Stuti Baxi Vadodaria shares a secret recipe!
You can share your favourite recipes too!
Here's the recipe for Paneer Mystery Balls
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Soaking time: 6 hours
- 500 gms green moong daal (green gram split)
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- Green chillies as per taste
- 2 tbsp bengal gram flour
- 250 gms cottage cheese
- 7-8 papads (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- Oil for frying
- Soak the green gram in water for 5 to 6 hours.
- Drain excess water. Grind to a coarse paste.
- Add very little water as we want a thick batter.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, green chillies and ginger paste salt and asafoetida. Add bengal gram flour. Mix everything and keep aside.
- Cut paneer into cubes and put aside.
- In a pan, heat oil for frying.
- Take paneer cubes, dip it in the moong dal batter and make balls.
- Roll the balls in crushed papads and deep fry on a slow flame. There is a possibility that the batter will be undercooked and papad overcooked if you fry it on medium or high flame.
- Serve hot with your favourite chutney or sauce.
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.
Loved this recipe? Click here for more interesting recipes and food features!