Anees Khan, chef-owner of Star Anise Patisserie in Mumbai shares an interesting mango-based recipe with us. You can share yours too!
Mango and Chia Seed Panna Cotta
- 5 gm chia seeds
- 100 ml cooking cream
- 20 gm sugar
- 2 gm gelatin
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 1 medium sized Alphonso mango (Cut into small cubes)
- Soak the chia seeds in warm water for 10 minutes until it becomes soft and blooms.
- Soak the gelatine in double the amount of water until it becomes soft. Microwave for 10 seconds.
- Warm the cooking cream, add sugar, vanilla essence and the melted gelatine and mix well. Strain this mixture.
- Place the cooked cream mix over a bowl of ice to cool it down.
- Pour a spoonful of chia seeds in a serving glass followed by a spoonful of diced Alphonso mangoes.
- Carefully pour the cooled liquid cream over the diced mangoes leaving an inch of space in the glass.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Top the Panna Cotta with more diced mangoes, garnish appropriately and serve chilled.
Click here for interesting recipes and food features
Do you have interesting summer recipes to share?
Write in to us at email@example.com (subject: Summer Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.