Celebrity chef Rakhee Vaswani shares an easy-to-make appetiser recipe.
Here's a creamy, tasty dish with mushrooms that you must try.
Take a look!
Makai Saag Baked Mushroom
IMAGE: Makai Saag baked Mushroom by chef Rakhee Vaswani.
Photograph: Kind courtesy Palate Culinary Studio
- 4 to 5 palak leaves
- 2 to 3 bhatua leaves
- 5 to 6 sarson leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato, chopped
- 1 green chilli, minced
- 2 to 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp maize flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 5 to 6 mushrooms
- 10 gm white cheddar cheese
- Blanch all the three leafy vegetables and keep in cold water. Blend into a puree.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute butter and garlic.
- Add onions and saute until they turn golden.
- Add minced ginger, green chilli, maize flour, season with salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and coriander powder. Stir for a minute.
- Add some milk followed by the vegetable puree. Cook for a minute.
- Once done, set aside the prepared saag.
- Clean the mushrooms, remove the stem, brush with butter inside out and fill them with the saag.
- Top it with white cheddar cheese.
- Gratinate in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celcius.
Dear readers, you can send us your favourite recipes too.
Write in to us at email@example.com (subject: Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.