Food blogger and Rediff reader Sarika Gunjal tells us how to win over kids this Diwali.
When it comes to chocolate, you don't need an occasion to celebrate.
This Diwali, give your kids exactly what they want by treating them to this chocolate story.
Here's the recipe:
- 450 gm dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp butter
- 400 gm condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup cashews or nuts of your own choice
- In a mixing bowl (heat proof) add dark chocolate, butter, and condensed milk.
- Take a big sauce pan, add water and place the mixing bowl in it.
- Make sure the water level is not high enough to enter the mixing bowl.
- Switch on the heat and let the chocolate melt in the bowl. Stir continuously to make sure the chocolate doesn't get too hot.
- Stir until smooth.
- When the mixture thickens, remove from heat.
- Add vanilla essence and chopped nuts of your choice.
- Take a separate dish and line it with aluminium foil or parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture and garnish with nuts of your choice.
- Refrigerate it and allow it to set for a couple of hours.
- Cut it into desired shapes and serve.
Image courtesy: Sarika Gunjal
Click here for interesting food recipes and features!