Recipes from Reshma Aslam’s kitchen diary.
You can share your favourite recipes too!
Here’s how to make Mutton Kaleji:
- ½ kg mutton liver
- 4 to 5 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Cut the liver into small pieces and wash thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Then add onions and saute till they turn nice light brown in colour.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt, and cook till they become soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry well.
- Add all the powder masalas and mix well. Add water so that the masala does not stick to the pan.
- When oil starts leaving the sides, add the liver pieces. Mix well and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep on stirring from time to time.
- Add the kasoori methi.
- To know if the liver is cooked, take out one piece and check if it tender and not juicy. Don’t overcook else it will become hard.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Served with rice or roti.
Photograph: Musiimenta Miriam/Creative Commons
Loved this recipe? Click here for more interesting recipes and food features!
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.