Reshma Aslam is sharing recipes from her kitchen diary.
Here’s one for paneer lovers -- Butter Paneer.
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3 small onions, chopped
- ¼ cup of cashew nut paste
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp red chilly powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1tsp kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- ½ tsp cummin seeds
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut paneer into small cubes. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till translucent. Remove on tissue paper.
- When it cools down grind into a paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it turn golden.
- Now add the ground onion paste, fry until golden brown.
- Add cashew paste. Simmer and keep adding water with a table spoon till light brown. Add tomato sauce.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry well. Add garam masala, chilly powder, turmeric powder.
- Add some more water and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add fresh cream and stir well. When the oil starts leaving sides, add paneer pieces.
- Let it cook for around 10 minutes. Sprinkle crushed kasoori methi over the gravy.
- Serve hot with parathas or rotis.
Photograph: Devika/ Creative Commons
- Slurp! Kerala Mutton Stew recipe
- Cooking light: Quick-n-easy chicken salad recipe
- How to make Dabba Gosht
- How to make Paneer Chilli
- Recipe: How to make Soya Poha Cutlets
- Recipe: How to make 7 Cup Barfi
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.