We'd asked you, dear readers to share your favourite Ramzan recipes.
Chef Anees Khan, founder and chef at Star Anise Patisserie, Mumbai and Star Anise Fine Foods Pvt Ltd shares a lip-smacking Ramzan recipe that you should definitely indulge in.
You can share yours too.
Photograph: Kind Courtesy Anees Khan
- 6 pieces of red bell pepper
- 1 cup of walnut
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 10 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of creme cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Slice each pepper in half, lengthwise. Remove the top stem and seeds.
- Arrange the peppers in a single layer on the baking sheet and cut side down.
- Bake until the skins are blackened and begins to crack.
- Transfer the charred bell peppers to a medium bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap or a large plate. Allow to cool.
- Then peel off the charred skins and place the bell peppers in a food processor.
- Add walnuts, bread crumbs, garlic cloves, lemon juice, chilli paste and cumin powder.
- Process until smooth while slowly drizzling in the olive oil.
- Serve with lavash (a soft, thin unleavened flatbread made in a tandoor), pita bread, lettuce or vegetables.
Do you have interesting Ramzan recipes to share?
E-mail your recipes firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Ramzan Recipes) along with your NAME, LOCATION and a brief description of the recipe. We will publish select recipes on Rediff.com and India Abroad. ALSO SEE
Ramzan recipes: Sandalwood Kebabs and Khajur ki Kheer
Ramzan recipes: Want to make Lab-e-Shireen?
Ramzan special: 5 yummy chicken recipes
Ramzan recipes: Mutton patties, chicken shawarma and more