Rediff reader Chitra Ganesh sent us this quick recipe of stir fried veggies.
Do you know an interesting and healthy recipe? E-mail it to us!
For those looking to follow a healthy diet, a combination of stir fried crunchy veggies makes for a delicious option.
Relish the goodness of veggies tossed in a yummy sauce; try the Vegetable Stir Fry today.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 block of tofu cut in cubes
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 small green pepper
- 10 small broccoli florets
- Almonds (optional, coarsely chopped)
- Peanuts (optional, coarsely chopped)
- Edamame (optional)
- 2 garlic pods
- Stir fry sauce (from House of Tsang or Chings)
- In a wok, put some oil. Add chopped garlic and sliced onions and saute.
- Add peanut, almonds and edamame and saute.
- Add carrot, green pepper, broccoli and cook under medium flame for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate flat bottomed pan, add some oil. Add tofu.
- Spread it evenly so the oil enables the tofu to become slightly crisp and golden brown.
- Turn the tofu pieces so that it turns brown on all sides.
- Switch off the flame.
- Once your veggies are cooked to 80 per cent and look crunchy, add tofu cubes and the stir fry sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes till the sauce gets to a boil.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Salt is usually added in the sauces, so check the bottle of your stir fry sauce before adding any extra salt.
- Serve with brown rice or noodles.
Photograph: Alpha/Creative Commons
- How to make Kambu (Bajra) Idli
- How to make Spicy Tofu Salad
- How to make Couscous Salad
- How to make Cracked Wheat Rava Idli
- How to make Lentil Dosa
- How to make Oats ice cream
- How to make Russian Salad
- How to make Chicken Stew
- How to make Thai-style Spring Rolls
- How to make Moong Dal Chaat
- How to make Oats Paniyaram
- How to make Soy Nuggets in Garlic Sauce
- Three brown rice recipes that you'll really love!
- Five low-cal recipes for a healthy diet
- Fat to fit: 10 super healthy salad recipes
- 6 easy, low-sugar weight loss recipes
Do you have an healthy food recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.