Rediff reader Sadhana Saxena from Noida shared this healthy recipe. You can share yours too!
Preparation time: 3 hours
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
- 10 dried figs
- 20 almonds
- 20 walnuts
- 10 cashew nuts
- 25 pistachios
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds
- 5 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
- A modak mould
- Some roasted dry fruits and roasted seeds.
- Cut dry figs into small pieces and soak it in water and keep it for 3 hours so that they absorb all the water.
- After three hours, put the figs into a grinder jar and grind it.
- Roast all dry fruits on a low flame in a non stick pan for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Roast all seeds on low flame in a non-stick pan.
- When dry fruits cool down, grind it in a jar -- not too fine. Keep it a bit thick.
- Remove the ground figs in a large vessel.
- Add powdered dried fruits in it.
- Add roasted flaxseed, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds in it.
- Add cardamom powder and mix it well using your hand.
- Make small balls and stuff it in a modak mould to get the desired shape.
- Garnish it with dry fruits and roasted seeds. Serve.
Dear readers, you can send us your favourite recipes too.
Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Ganesha Recipe) with your NAME, HOMETOWN and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe if possible.
We'll publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.