Rediff reader Souvik Mukherjee sent us this recipe for Milk Cake.
Milk sweets are a must during Diwali.
Here's an easy-to-make Milk Cake recipe:
- 8 cups milk
- 150 gm sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp liquid glucose (available in grocery stores)
- 1/2 tsp alum
- In a large, thick-bottomed, non-stick kadhai bring the milk to boil on high heat.
- Add powered alum and sugar.
- Cook by stirring continuously for about 90 minutes, or till milk becomes grainy and starts to thicken.
- Add ghee and liquid glucose. Mix well.
- Cook till the mixture begins to leave the sides of the kadhai.
- Grease a tray or thali with ghee and pour the mixture into it. Cover and allow to cool for four to five hours.
- Cut into rectangular pieces and serve.
Image Courtesy: Souvik Mukherjee
Click here for interesting food recipes and features!