US-based food blogger Smruti Shah tells us how to make Nankhatai in 30 minutes. Check out the recipe!
Nankhatai is a close eggless cousin of the American cookie. Traditionally made with soaked maida or semolina, this one is made in a jiffy using all-purpose flour. Takes under half an hour to make, and only five ingredients," says Smruti Shah.
Here's the recipe:
Makes: 12 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup semi solid ghee (not liquid)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Few sliced almonds for garnish
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour and sugar.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add ghee and knead to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts, and roll them each into balls.
- On a greased baking tray, place the balls and flatten it a little retaining its round shape.
- Add sliced almonds on each one of them. You may also add saffron strands if desired.
- Preheat oven to 300 F and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove tray from the oven, cool the cookies and store in an air tight container.
Image courtesy: herbivorecucina.blogspot.in
- How to make Mango Halwa
- How to make Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Rajasthani Ghevar
- How to make Mohanthal
- How to make Doda Barfi
- How to make Shahi Tukda
- How to make Kashi Halwa
- How to make Beetroot Coconut Barfi
- How to make Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
- How to make Malai Laddoos
- How to make Besan Rava Laddoo
- How to make Motichoor Ladoos
- How to make Milk Kalakand
- How to make Zucchini Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Gulab Halwa
- How to make Paan Shots
- How to make Chocolate Fudge
- How to make Gulab Jamun