Rediff reader Vishaka Rautela shares an interesting dessert recipe made with dates and Marie biscuits.
What's your favourite Diwali recipe? Tell us!
Want to learn how to make Date and Biscuit Roll?
Here's the recipe:
- 500 gm seedless black dates
- 2 tbsp cream
- 8-10 Marie biscuits, powdered
- Chopped dry fruits
- Sliced almonds for decoration
- Chop the dates into big pieces.
- In a kadhai, heat 2 tbsp cream.
- When it starts to bubble add the dates. Mix well.
- Keep pressing with a spatula, rather than mixing, over heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 6-8 powdered Marie biscuits, and dry fruits. Mix well.
- Roll the mixture and divide into three parts and allow it to cool.
- Coat the rolls with leftover biscuit powder and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Cut into slices and press an almond in the centre.
Image courtesy: Vishaka Rautela
Do you have an interesting Diwali recipe that you'd like to share with us?
Simply write in to email@example.com (subject line: 'Diwali recipes') with your name, home-town and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph, if possible.
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com.
Click here for interesting food recipes and features!