Indulge yourself with these delicious dessert recipes shared by Gopal Jha, Executive Chef, Novotel Mumbai.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup hot water
- ¼ cup dates
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 cups skimmed milk
- 1 cup almond powder
- ½ tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp saffron strands
- Sliver almonds and pistachio
- 5-6 blueberries
- Heat ghee on a sauce pan. Once the ghee become warm, add quinoa. Roast the quinoa till it become light brown. Add one cup hot water and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water is reduced to half, add 2 cups of hot milk in it. Add saffron strands.
- Let the quinoa and milk mixture come to boil, reduce the flame and let it simmer for 7 to 8 minutes till perfectly cooked.
- Add dates, almond powder and cardamom powder. Stir well and cook.
- Garnish with nuts and blueberries, and serve hot or cold.
- 2 cups multigrain flour
- ¼ cup jaggery
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- 2 pcs cardamom
- 4 pcs roasted almond
- Heat the ghee, fry the multigrain flour till it gets golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the jaggery in ¼ cup water. Once the jaggery melts, add the roasted multigrain flour and cardamoms. There should be no lumps. Add the nuts.
- Grease your hand with ghee and make laddoos when the mixture is warm. Rest till cool.
- 500 ml milk
- 7 strands of saffron
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup freshly grated apple
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 5 gm jaggery
- ½ tsp lime juice
- 2 pcs almond
- Bring the milk to boil. Reduce the heat and cook it on lower flame for 1 hour.
- Melt the jaggery and cook the milk again for 25 min, till it thickens like rabdi.
- Add cardamom power and cooked the grated apple and chia seeds in the thicken milk. Garnish and serve chilled.