These lip-smacking recipes will make your mouth water.
IMAGE: Diana Penty and Sonakshi Sinha with Zeba Kohli. Photograph: Kind courtesy Zeba Kohli/Living Foodz/Instagram
On the television show Gimme Chocolate, Indian chocolatier Zeba Kohli hosts two celebrities in each episode, chosen from among her friends and acquaintances.
Here are some interesting recipes from the show:
Chocolate Almond Muffins
Guests: Sonakshi Sinha and Diana Penty
- 60 gm coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 90 gm Stevia
- 110 gm oil
- 3/4 tbsp baking powder
- 80 ml heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 80 gm chopped sugar free chocolate
- 30 gm chopped almonds
- In a mixing bowl add coconut flour, stevia, cocoa powder, baking powder
- In a separately bowl whisk eggs, oil, cream and vanilla essence.
- Mix it until it’s all combined
- Grease a microwave muffin tray.
- Add the batter to the tray and put sugarfree chopped chocolate and almond flakes.
- Pat it.
- Microwave it for 15 to 20 minutes (Temperature – 165 C degree)
- Take it out and let it rest for 10 minutes. Serve.
Guntur Chocolate Alaska
Guests: Raghu Ram and Rajiv Lakshman
- 1 vanilla sponge cake
- Vanilla icecream
- Chocolate icecream
- Strawberry icecream
For Guntur Ganache
- 227 gm dark chocolate chips
- 180 gm heavy cream
- 28 gm butter
- 1 tbsp Guntur chilli powder (as per taste)
- 125 gm egg white
- 250 gm castor Sugar
- Few drops of lemon juice
- A pinch of cream tatar
- Heat the cream and butter in a small sauce pan over medium flame
- Bring just to boil, immediately pour the boiling cream and mix well until smooth.
- With the whip attachment, beat the egg whites first at medium speed then at high speed until they form soft peaks
- Add the first quantity of sugar, a little at a time, with the machine running. Whip until stiff
- Stop the machine. Fold in the remaining sugar with a spatula.
Chocolate Marquise with plum compote
Guests: Ash King and Jonita Gandhi
For chocolate marquise
- 200 gm melted dark chocolate
- 125 gm white chocolate
- 45 ml rum
- 75 gm unsalted butter
- 50 gm icing sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 300 ml whipped cream
For plum compote
- 3 full pieces plum fruit
- 1 cup water
- 80 gm sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Put the dark chocolate into heat proof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water.
- Add 30 ml rum and leave until melted.
- Melt the white chocolate with remaining 15 ml rum in the same way.
- Beat 50 gm of butter and 25 gm of icing sugar together in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Sift in the cocoa, add the melted dark chocolate and fold in until evenly incorporated
- In a separate bowl, lightly whip the cream; fold half into dark chocolate mixture.
- Beat the remaining butter and icing sugar together in another bowl.
- Stir in the white chocolate, then fold in the remaining cream.
- Place alternate spoonful of two mixture in the preparation.
- Tap gently to level the surface.
- Chill the marquise for sometime.
For plum compote
- Mix all 4 ingredients together in a sauce pan
- Boil until thick
Gimme Chocolate Galaxy
Guests: Ranveer Brar and Kubra Sait
- Dark chocolate pieces
- Edible metallic colour
For the filling
- Cream cheese + thandai
- Ginger ganache
- Sea salt + chilli
- Flavoured condensed milk
- Banana ganache
- Rum ganache
- Melt the dark chocolate on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Brush the mould with the metallic colour and then brush the melted chocolate in the mould.
- Freeze the chocolate for 7-10 minutes and then remove from the refrigerator
- Start filling the filling one by one in each half and then cover with the other half.
- Serve with fresh caramel sauce.
Guests: Aahana Kumra and Shikha Talsania
- 150 gm desiccated coconut
- 180 gm condensed milk
- 150 gm chocolate
For white coconut filling
- 200 gm white chocolate
- 60 gm heavy cream
- 30 gm desiccated
For the filling
- Fresh strawberries
- White coconut filling
- Mix the first three ingredients together until soft mixture
- Press it down on your bamboo mat, until half way (remember to put cling wrap around the mat)
- Put your filling in the middle and start rolling with the help of your mat
- It will look like a California roll
- Set it in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 8 to 10 wheels (use a warm knife)
Gimme Chocolate airs on Living Foodz, a lifestyle and entertainment channel.