Sonal Gupta shares this totally gluten free recipe made from brown rice flour and urad dal flour.
Make it at home and enjoy some guilt free snack, she says. "I did use butter, but you may substitute it with sour cream if you want," she adds :-).
- Rice flour: 1 cup (I used brown rice flour)
- Urad dal flour: 1 tbsp
- Low fat butter: 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar: 1/2 tsp
- Ginger: 1/2 tsp freshly minced or grated
- Garlic: 1/2 tsp freshly minced or grated
- Green chilli: 1 small minced
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- White sesame seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Water: 2-3 tbsp
- Pre-heat oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit and grease a baking tray.
- Mix all the above ingredients with butter. Don't add water yet. Work with hands and mix well till it becomes crumbly. Now add 1 tbsp water at a time to make a semi soft dough.
- Pinch a small portion of dough and flatten in hands in circles.
- Place it in baking tray. Finish the dough like wise making more snackies (isn't this a cool name?). It should be 1/8″ to 1/4″ in thickness. Don't make them too thick.
- Put it in the oven and bake them for 25-30 minutes till they become pinkish golden on both sides. Flip them half way and rotate the tray from front to back for even baking.
- The crispy, spicy and flavourful rice Snackies are ready o be served.
- How to make Khus Khus Badam Halwa
- How to make melt-in-your-mouth Gulab Jamuns
- How to make Mango Halwa
- How to make Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Rajasthani Ghevar
- How to make Mohanthal
- How to make Doda Barfi
- How to make Shahi Tukda
- How to make Kashi Halwa
- How to make Beetroot Coconut Barfi
- How to make Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
- How to make Malai Laddoos
- How to make Besan Rava Laddoo
- How to make Motichoor Ladoos
- How to make Milk Kalakand
- How to make Zucchini Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Gulab Halwa
- How to make Paan Shots
- How to make Chocolate Fudge