Kick start your mornings with these easy-to-make vegan delights.
The first meal of the day needs to be healthy, filling and at the same time easy to make.
Here are some plant-friendly recipes that can be made in a jiffy.
All recipes and photographs: Courtesy Eat Good Food, Kolkata
- 250 gm egg plant
- 50 gm mushroom sliced
- 50 gm tomato concasse (peeled, blanched, deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 50 gm vegan mozzarella cheese
- 20 gm coconut cream
- 5 gm dry oregano
- Cut eggplant into thick slices.
- Grill it along with sliced mushrooms.
- Next, layer the grilled eggplant and mushroom.
- Top it with tomato concasse sauce, coconut cream and vegan mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Banana and Amaranath Muesli Smoothie
- 50 gm amaranth muesli
- 150 gm sour curd
- 120 gm banana chopped
- 15 gm sugarfree
- 50 gm amaranth
- 20 gm choco chips
- Blend sour curd along with banana and sugar.
- Pour in a glass or cereal bowl.
- Garnish with amaranth muesli and choco chips on top.
- Serve immediately.
Whole Wheat and Fruit Muesli Pancake
- 50 gm whole wheat flour
- 50 gm refined flour
- 10 gm melted butter
- 100 gm sugar
- 10 gm muesli
- 20 gm soya milk
- 2 gm baking powder
- A bowl of cut fruits of your choice
- 20 gm jam or fruit syrup
- 20 gm fresh cream
- In a bowl, beat egg and sugar.
- Mix whole wheat flour and refined flour properly.
- Add milk and melted butter.
- Add baking powder. Mix well.
- Heat a pan and grease with oil or butter.
- Pour a ladle of the prepared mixture and spread it evenly.
- Turn it and cook both sides on medium heat until it turned golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Garnish with muesli, fresh fruits, jam/fruit syrup.
- Add a dollop of fresh cream.
- Serve hot.
Do you have an interesting breakfast recipe to share?