Want a home-cooked meal, but don’t have enough time to cook?
Dish up this super delicious and low-calorie meal-in-a-bowl in 15 minutes.
Quick & easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe:
- 1 cup noodles (not instant)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- 1 soup cube
- 1 medium chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup greens, such as pok choy, spinach or broccoli
- 1 green chilli chopped
- Dash of soy sauce
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic.
- Pour in three cups of water, add the soup cube and bring to a boil.
- Slip in the sliced chicken and as it turns white, add the greens.
- Once they wilt, the soup is ready.
- Add the chilli and soy sauce. Adjust seasoning. You shouldn’t need more salt, because of the cube and soy sauce.
- Divide the noodle between two large bowls, pour over the soup and serve hot.
Tip: You can add more vegetables and other ingredients such as bean sprouts to this soup as well.
Photograph: James Morris/Creative Commons
> More recipes and food features here
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.