Nidhi S Raj of Soul And Spice Box shares with us this recipe.
This is a quick, fun snack to munch on with your cup of evening tea and is cute as a button!
Here is what you will need to make this:
- Whole wheat flour (atta) 1 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) 1/2 cup
- Kasuri Methi -- 1 tsp
- Ajwain -- 1 tsp
- Black pepper -- 1 tsp (Freshly ground)
- Baking powder -- 1/2 tsp
- Salt -- 1 tsp (or to taste)
- Ghee -- 2 tbsp
- Hing -- 1 pinch
- Warm water to kneed (approximately 3/4 cup)
- Take a bowl and combine all the dry ingredients. Make sure the pepper is freshly ground. Use a mortar and pestle to pound the pepper if you have it, otherwise use a pepper mill.
- Add the warm water gradually and knead for 10-15 minutes to make the dough.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F)
- Roll out the dough with the help of a rolling pin and use cookie cutters or bottle caps to make the desired shape.
- I wanted to make mine like buttons so I used two cutters. Used the bigger cutter to form the shape and use the smaller cutter to give a small indent. Don't press it all the way though, just press it lightly.
- Use a skewer to make four small holes in the centre.
- Transfer the matthis to a cookie sheet and bake at 180 degree C (350 degree F) for 20 minutes on one side. After 20 minutes, flip the matthi and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once they are baked, transfer them to a cooling rack and store in an air tight container.
- These matthis can be stored for 15-20 days in an air tight container.
- Serve with pickle on the side.
- How to make Khus Khus Badam Halwa
- Make Nankhatai in 30 minutes
- How to make melt-in-your-mouth Gulab Jamuns
- How to make Mango Halwa
- How to make Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Rajasthani Ghevar
- How to make Mohanthal
- How to make Doda Barfi
- How to make Shahi Tukda
- How to make Kashi Halwa
- How to make Beetroot Coconut Barfi
- How to make Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
- How to make Malai Laddoos
- How to make Besan Rava Laddoo
- How to make Motichoor Ladoos
- How to make Milk Kalakand
- How to make Zucchini Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Gulab Halwa
- How to make Paan Shots
- How to make Chocolate Fudge