We'd asked you, dear readers, to share your Christmas recipes.
Soniya Saluja shared her recipe for Date and Walnut Loaf Cake.You can share yours too!
Send us your favourite Christmas recipe and we will publish the best ones!
- 20-25 dates
- 1 1/2 cup milk (for vegan version add any dairy-free milk)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (for gluten-free version use gluten-free APF)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnut
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Soak the dates in warm milk for few hours.
- Remove the seeds if not using seedless. Save few dates for the batter. Blend it into a paste along with the milk in which it was soaked.
- Add oil in the date and milk mixture and mix well.
- Sieve together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Pour in the dates and milk mixture. Chop walnuts and few dates, coat it with some flour and mix it in the batter.
- Bake the cake in a greased oven dish for 35 - 40 mins on 350°F.
Dear Readers, tell us what are you treating your loved ones to this December?
Send us your favourite Christmas recipe and we will publish the best ones,.
Write in to us at email@example.com (subject line: Christmas Recipes) with your NAME, AGE, HOMETOWN and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe.
Don't forget to share a photograph of the recipe, and your pic as well.
We'll publish the best recipes right here on Rediff.com.