With hordes of Indian fans storming cricket grounds in Australia and New Zealand for the ICC World Cup you could be forgiven for mistaking it to be any other Indian venue. Buoyed by the crowd support Mahendra Singh Dhoni's team is on a winning streak in the tournament.
1. It is every Indian female fan’s dream to get hitched to a cricketer. The love for cricket and players go beyond the field.
2. The cricketers are treated like gods. Sachin Tendulkar would have been just another great player, but in India he is considered God.
India's mascot, Sudhir Kumar Choudhary, is the man who would travel everywhere to watch the iconic Tendulkar. Now he misses the retired batsman on field. Choudhary is in Australia as well. His visa was processed after Tendulkar wrote a request to the Australian High Commission.
It takes him four-and-a-half hours to canvas himself, and if India are starting a match early he does it at night and does not sleep at all.
3. When you enter the arena and hear thousands of fans cheering for you and chanting your name, magical things do happen. Another reason why Indian fans are loud and proud.
4. Dressed in hues of saffron, white and green, the Seddon Park witnessed an unprecedented Indian presence.
No matter where cricket takes the Indian team, our NRI brothers and sisters will always support the Men in Blue.
5. If then cannot be in the stadium they will surely gather anywhere to catch action in the match. Even at odd the hours they will be glued to the television set.
- Are you watching the World Cup? Please share your videos, photos and comments here
- ICC World Cup Merchandise 2015 available on Rediff Shopping