Instant-replay technology used at last week's Nasdaq-100 Open in Miami to settle disputed line-calls was a success, organisers and tennis players said.
A total of 161 calls were challenged during the March 22-April 2 combined men's and women's event. Of those, 53 were successful.
"If (Miami) is any indication, fans are in for an even more entertaining experience as we continue to roll out electronic line calling at WTA Tour events," said the tour's Angie Cunningham.
"Our players have really been impressed with the system, and they are finding out just how hard it can be to call a ball travelling at the speeds that our players hit it these days," she added in a statement.
The men's tour was equally impressed.
"We could not be more pleased with how the video review system worked in its first use, but I also feel this first tournament showed a lot about the professionalism and skill of our line judges," said Gayle Bradshaw, the ATP Administrator of Rules & Competition.
"We look forward to evaluating the entire process, and we will work in the coming months to improve the challenge system in order to make the experience even better for players, spectators and the television viewers."
When a player challenged a call in Miami, the result of the challenge was shown simultaneously to players, officials and fans on video boards in the stadium within seconds and to television viewers worldwide.
Under the new system, which is due to be used at a grand slam for the first time at this year's US Open, each player receives two challenges per set to review line calls.