Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said on Sunday he does not think Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo will be playing at the Bernabeu next season.
The Spanish champions have made little secret of their admiration for the 23-year-old Portuguese international who, although United have said he is not for the sale, has said that he is considering his future.
"As things stand, Cristiano Ronaldo is more likely to be playing with United next year," Calderon was quoted as telling Spanish media at Wimbledon.
"In theory, there is time (for him to move) as there are two months to the end of August, if Manchester United get in contact with us and offer him. Even if they do say he is for sale we don't know if we can complete the deal.
"The player has said he would like to, that it is a dream, and that he would love to play for Real Madrid, but that is only the player's opinion or wish. He can't complete it without the agreement of United."
Ronaldo, who signed a five-year contract with United last year, won a Premier League and Champions League double last season, scoring 42 goals, and was named England's Footballer of the Year for a second season in a row.