As many as 12 Indian athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Paralympics as the country finished an impressive second at the first Malaysian Para Athletics Championships, which concluded on Friday.
Eight Indians achieved A qualification mark while four made the cut in the B category, according Paralympic Committee of India.
Overall, India won 25 gold, 10 silver and three bronze, to finish second behind hosts Malaysia, who won 27 gold, eight silver and one bronze in the championship.
Names of Indian athletes, who have qualified:
Athletes, who achieved A standard qualification:
1) Ankur Dhama, 800m, T11 category
2) Ram karan Singh, 800m, T13
3) Gyanender Singh, Long Jump & 100m, F42
4) Vijay Kumar, 100m,T42
5) Amit Kumar, Discus Throw, F51
6) Mahabir singh, Triple Jump, F46
7) Ram Karan Singh (1500m)
8) Vijay Kumar (Javelin Throw)
1) Manisha Deoram (women), 200m, F12
2) S.Thirumalai Kumar, Discus, F57
3) Jayaseelan Ranjith Kumar, Discus, F55
4) Hitesh Sachdeva, Shot Put, T11
4 Indian athletes broke Asian records:
1) Amit Kumar, F 51, Discuss Throw
2) Deepa Malik, F-53, Javelin throw, Wheelchair
3) Ram Karan Singh, T-13, 800m
4) Ankur Dhama, T11, 800m.