Eddie Jordan, fighting for his team's survival, slammed Ford for their shock decision to pull out of Formula One at the end of the season.
The U.S. car giant's decision last month to sell their Jaguar team and engine maker Cosworth, who supply Jordan and Minardi, has left Jordan in a race against time to find another engine for 2005.
"To say I am disappointed with Ford is an understatement," the Irishman told the Guardian newspaper on Saturday. "I have been trying to keep my total dismay under control.
"I am angered that after a long relationship I should get seven minutes notice that they were pulling out. It's now almost too late to build a sophisticated car around a new engine."
Jordan, whose team finished third in the 1999 championship and have won four Grands Prix, said Ford had also doubled the asking price for engines that he said would be subject to no development.
"You cannot believe their behaviour and believe me, I am only scratching the surface," said the team boss. "Ford have behaved appallingly, I kid you not."
Ford have yet to sell Cosworth and Jordan's other options appear to be limited.
Toyota, who have in the past expressed a willingness to supply other teams, said on Friday that it was now too late to do so for 2005.
"Talking about next year, 2005, it is much too late to have the preparation, for both that team as well as ourselves," team boss Tsutomu Tomita told a news conference at Suzuka.
"It is October and every team should be preparing the car for 2005, for the end of this year. It is only two months away, it is impossible."
Briton Christian Horner, who runs the championship-winning Arden team in the junior Formula 3000 series, is interested in moving up to Formula One and has been linked to Jordan.
Jordan, while not commenting on the speculation, said he would consider anything that might guarantee his team's survival.
"I would be happy to join a partnership if it means I can live to fight again another day," he said.