Within the next fortnight Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta will know whether they continue to remain Force India drivers next season or not, as Team Principal Vijay Mallya said he is due to convey his decision to the duo before next month's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Mallya had earlier said that he will reveal his drivers' line up for the 2012 season in mid-December, which made Sutil and Di Resta very anxious.
But Mallya, on Saturday decided to end his drivers' anxious wait and said he will name Force India's line up for next year before the 18th and penultimate race of the season at Abu
Dhabi on November 13.
"I respect that Adrian (Sutil) and Paul (Di Resta) want to know about their future with Force India soon. They spoke to me about it and I will make the announcement before Abu Dhabi," Mallya said.
Sutil has been with the team since since 2006 when it was known as Midland and then Spyker. Mallya bought the struggling side in 2007 and re-named it Force India.
Since then the German has done reasonably well for the side, which has gone from strength to strength in the last few seasons.
The team had ended the 2008 season in the 10th position on the constructors' championship and then improved to ninth and seventh in the following seasons. In the current year it is placed sixth with three races more to go, starting with the inaugural Indian Grand at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida, on Sunday.
On the other hand, it is Di Resta's rookie season in the racing seat as the Scot was Force India's reserve driver in last year.
Mallya also said that he was exploring the option of having two reserve drivers from next season.
At present Nico Hulkenberg is the only reserve driver for the side, in which Sahara India Pariwar has brought a 42.5 percent stake with an investment of $100 million.
"We are thinking of having two reserves for the next season. Let's see how it pans out. I don't need a paid driver. I don't believe in selling a seat. I have always done what is good for the team," Mallya said.