rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Sports » Tevez set for talks with Man City officials

Tevez set for talks with Man City officials

October 03, 2011 16:03 IST

Carlos Tevez was meeting Manchester City officials on Monday as the inquiry into his actions during last week's Champions League match at Bayern Munich, takes a significant step forward, a source close to the player confirmed to Reuters.

Carlos TevezManager Roberto Mancini said after Tuesday's game, which ended in a 2-0 win for Bayern, that Tevez had refused to go on as a substitute and that as far as he was concerned the Argentine's career at Manchester City "was finished."

- Tevez's career at Manchester City is finished: Mancini

- Tevez denies he refused to play in Munich

- Charting bad boy Tevez's fall from grace

The striker denied the allegations but was suspended by the club for two weeks while an internal investigation is being carried out.

Reuters sources close to Tevez confirmed the meeting was taking place on Monday at a private location.

Tevez took no part in Saturday's 4-0 Premier League win at Blackburn Rovers, but sought to placate City fans last week -- already angered by his open desire to leave the club which he has expressed over the past year.

"There was some confusion on the bench and I believe my position may have been misunderstood," he said in a statement last week.

"I would like to apologise to all Manchester City fans, with whom I have always had a strong relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich."

Source:
© Copyright 2014 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.