rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Sports » CBI files cases, conducts searches at homes of former CWG officials

CBI files cases, conducts searches at homes of former CWG officials

November 15, 2010 11:20 IST

CBI on Monday registered two cases in connection with alleged irregularities during the Queen's Baton Relay in London and carried out searches at CWG Organising Committee's office and at residences of some of the Games' former officials.

The two cases were registered against London-based AM Films and AM Car, which had been given contracts for the Baton Relay, official sources said.

The searches were conducted at the residence of T S Darbari, suspended joint director general of the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, Sanjay Mahendroo, suspended OC deputy director-general, and Raj Singh, a former Director level officer in the OC, they said.

© Copyright 2014 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.