Bahrain has paid the hosting fee for this year's Formula One grand prix even though the race was cancelled, commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone [ Images ] was quoted as saying on Monday.
"I don't think turnover will be down this year," the 80-year-old Briton told the Independent newspaper when asked about the sport's 2011 balance sheet.
"I think it will be flat because we were paid for Bahrain. I said we will give them the money back and they said 'Don't bother'."
The hosting fee for this year had been estimated by various sources at around $40 million.
Ecclestone had said in February that he had waived the rights fees after the season-opening race was called off due to violent civil unrest.



this
Users
Comment
article