World No. 6 Anju Bobby George opened her European season on a disappointing note, finishing fourth in women's long jump in the Norwich Union British Grand Prix in London.
Anju, who will next month defend her bronze medal in the World Athletics Championship, continued her below par form as she managed a best of only 6.41 metres on Saturday.
American Rose Richmond won the gold with a leap of 6.62m pipping Jackie Edwards of Bahamas, who also touched the same distance, on count back. Another American Grace Upshaw took the bronze with an effort of 6.56 metres.
Anju will now compete in the D N Galan Grand Prix in Stockholm, Sweden on July 26.
1. Rose Richmond (USA) 6.62m
2. Jackie Edwards (Bahamas) 6.62
3. Grace Upshaw (USA) 6.56
4. Anju Bobby George (India) 6.41
5. Kelly Sotherton (Britain) 6.39
6. Brianna Glenn (USA) 6.35
7. Julie Hollman (Britain) 6.31.
8. Rebecca White (Britain) 5.92.