World No 2 Rafael Nadal believes he is in better shape for the start of the 2010 tennis season than he was this year despite having a relatively short time to prepare.
Nadal, who was plagued by knee and stomach injuries during 2009, helped Spain to a crushing victory over Czech Republic in this month's Davis Cup final and has had only three weeks to train for the new season.
"My preparation has been short but good and three weeks later I am ready to start again," Nadal said in an interview published in Wednesday's As sports daily.
"I believe that this year (season) I'll arrive in a bit better shape than at the start of last season."
Nadal completed his preparations for 2010 on Tuesday with a two-hour training session and a set against Mallorcan compatriot Carlos Moya, which he won 7-5, and flew to Abu Dhabi where he will take part in an exhibition event.
After competing in the Qatar Open at the beginning of next month, he will seek to defend his Australian Open title in Melbourne.
He said he was especially looking forward to the challenge of recapturing his French Open title in June after his four-year reign as champion was ended in last year's fourth round by Swede Robin Soderling.
"The results will be what they are but right now my hope is to win everything," he told As.
"Because that's impossible you have to try to do what is possible in each tournament.
"If you have reached the semi-finals of almost every tournament without playing well, which is what happened to me (last season), when you are feeling better and maintaining a rhythm sooner or later your luck will change."