|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Discuss | Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop
Force India confirm Fisichella and Sutil
December 14, 2008 17:46 IST
Italian Giancarlo Fisichella and German Adrian Sutil will race for Force India again next season, the Formula One team has said.
The pair had been confirmed for 2009 in October but a new technical deal between Force India and McLaren Mercedes led to speculation of a change with McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa testing for Force India last month.
All has now been resolved and Vitantonio Liuzzi will also be retained as official test and reserve driver.
"I firmly believe that next year will be a huge opportunity for the team," team owner Vijay Mallya [Images] said in a statement on the team's website.
"In Giancarlo, Adrian and Tonio we have a wonderful balance between experience and ambition and now complete consistency."
Force India failed to score a point this year.
Formula One: The Complete Coverage
Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop