Home > Sports > Formula One >
Massa puts Ferrari on pole in Turkey
August 25, 2007 18:05 IST
Brazilian Felipe Massa [Images] put his Ferrari [Images] on pole position for the Turkish Grand Prix on Saturday for the second year in a row.
McLaren's 22-year-old rookie championship leader Lewis Hamilton [Images] joined Massa on the front row, with Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen [Images] lining up third and McLaren's double world champion Fernando Alonso [Images] fourth.
Britain's Hamilton leads his Spanish team mate in the championship by seven points with six races remaining. Raikkonen is third, 20 points off the lead, with Massa one point further adrift.
Massa won last year's race in Turkey, in what was also his first grand prix victory, after securing the first pole position of his Formula One career.
Sunday's Starting Grid:
1. Felipe Massa (Brazil [Images]) Ferrari 1 min 27.329 secs
2. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) McLaren 1:27.373
3. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 1:27.546
4. Fernando Alonso (Spain) McLaren 1:27.574
5. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW [Images] Sauber 1:27.722
6. Nick Heidfeld (Germany [Images]) BMW Sauber 1:28.037
7. Heikki Kovalainen (Finland) Renault 1:28.491
8. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Williams - Toyota 1:28.501
9. Jarno Trulli (Italy [Images]) Toyota 1:28.740
10. Giancarlo Fisichella (Italy) Renault 1:29.322
11. Anthony Davidson (Britain) Super Aguri - Honda 1:28.002
12. Mark Webber (Australia) RedBull - Renault 1:28.013
13. David Coulthard (Britain) RedBull - Renault 1:28.100
14. Rubens Barrichello (Brazil) Honda 1:28.188
15. Jenson Button [Images] (Britain) Honda 1:28.220
16. Alexander Wurz (Austria) Williams - Toyota 1:28.390
17. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Italy) Toro Rosso - Ferrari 1:28.798
18. Ralf Schumacher (Germany) Toyota 1:28.809
19. Takuma Sato (Japan [Images]) Super Aguri - Honda 1:28.953
20. Sebastian Vettel (Germany) Toro Rosso - Ferrari 1:29.408
21. Adrian Sutil (Germany) Spyker - Ferrari 1:29.861
22. Sakon Yamamoto (Japan) Spyker - Ferrari 1:31.479