|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Six reasons why Klinsmann quit
July 12, 2006 13:52 IST
Six factors which probably influenced Juergen Klinsmann's decision not to extend his contract with the German football association (DFB) after two years:
- Klinsmann was always unpredictable and unconventional during his playing career -- he almost never stayed anywhere for more than two years and left some clubs, like Tottenham Hotspur, after just one season to move on.
- He is close to his family and cherishes his anonymous life in California.
- The DFB often clashed with Klinsmann during his two years in charge, challenging his decisions, denying several staff requests and hiring some executive personnel he opposed.
- Klinsmann faced constant second-guessing and criticism of his California home base and tactics from newspapers.
- He knows it will be hard to duplicate the success he has had in taking Germany [Images] to the World Cup semi-finals.
- Klinsmann does not need the money.