© Copyright 1996 - 2012 Rediff.Com India Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Welcome to Rediff Maps ("Service"). This Service is brought to you by Rediff.com India Ltd. ("Rediff.com").
- You represent that you are competent and eligible to enter into legally binding agreement and shall not use this Service if you are not competent to contract under the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Rediff.com reserves the right to modify the Services and/or its Terms without any prior notification. You are advised to regularly review the Terms. If you do not agree with any of the Terms and any amendments thereto, you must not use this site/Service.
- Any data including but not limited to maps, images, routes, direction pointers/indicators, search listings/results and any other related information, materials, documents and any underlying data ('Information') is being made available to you without any obligation and for your personal and non-commercial use and the pictorial representations of Information displayed through this Service does not purport to represent any political/geographical boundaries of any district, town, city or state as the case may be.
- The Information is based on the information provided and/or collected or collated from various third parties and/or Rediff sites/services. You agree not to inter alia share, display, distribute, transfer, commercial exploit or create any derivate works of the Information available through the Service in any manner other than as permitted.
- You may not use this Information/Service for and/or with any products, software, systems or applications providing real time route guidance, location tracking, installed or otherwise connected to or in communication with vehicles, capable of vehicle navigation, positioning, dispatch, fleet management or similar applications.
- You agree that you are using the Service at your sole risk. This site/Service may provide links to various sites maintained and owned by third parties. You agree and understand that Rediff.com does not operate or control any information or services provided on such third party websites. Rediff.com has no control over the quality, safety, reliability, accuracy or merchantability of the contents listed on those sites and is not involved in the actual transaction between you and any of the third party sites. You assume all risks associated with dealing with the third parties with whom you come in contact through this Service and/or other third party sites. You agree that the use of such third party sites by you shall be as per the terms and conditions of respective third party sites. You further agree and understand that such links do not constitute an endorsement by Rediff.com of any such sites and are provided only as a convenience. Rediff.com is not responsible for the content or links displayed on such sites. You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Service (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services) offered by Rediff.com.
- This Service may provide various interactive elements (for e.g. comments/feedback, etc.) for you use within the Service which should not be used at the cost of hurting the sentiments of others. You agree and acknowledge that such content shall be available in the public domain and can be accessed by any one from anywhere and Rediff.com is under no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the said content posted by you.
- By posting/ uploading the content you are granting Rediff.com, its subsidiaries, affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide license to use the Content posted by you including without limitation the right to adapt, copy, create derivative works based on, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, alter, edit, format, translate, store, view, sublicense and/or delete your content, without compensation to you or any other provider of the content. You also permit any user/anyone to access, display, view, store and reproduce your content for personal use.
- You agree and undertake not to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, display, broadcast, sale, alter, modify, reverse engineer, translate, publish, mirror the Service/site, license or otherwise exploit for any purpose any content in any manner for any purpose, a purpose that is unlawful or prohibited including without limitation unauthorized framing of or linking of the site. In the event you share, copy/download or remove print of any content you must retain all proprietary, copyright and security notices contained therein and shall not circumvent, disable or remove any of the aforesaid notices.
- You agree and undertake that you shall not use this Service to post/upload any content that is:
a. for the purposes of spamming, junk mail, chain letters or unsolicited messages;
b. false, misleading, unlawful or with the intent to defraud, harass, abuse, intimidate, accuse, impersonate or harm the feelings of anyone;
c. illegal, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, provocative, defamatory, indecent, libelous, racist, hateful, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or public rights or any other third party rights or otherwise injurious or objectionable;
d. is an expression of bigotry or hatred based on age, gender, race, religion, caste, class, lifestyle preference, and nationality.
e. violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- The graphics and content on this site are the copyrighted work of Rediff.com and the respective third parties as per the proprietary notices displayed on the respective sites and contain proprietary trademarks and trade names of Rediff.com and the respective third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting you a license under any circumstances about the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of this Site or the Information or any third party, except for the right of use expressly set forth herewith.
- You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable local, state, Indian and International law and such other applicable laws, rules and regulations. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Service, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the Rediff Site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal and injunctive redress.
- Rediff.com expressly disclaims any warranties whether express or implied about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, correctness, accuracy, completeness, title, non-infringement, quality, continuity, performance, merchantability, workmanlike effort, fitness of products, information, services contained/displayed within this Site for any purpose. All the Information is provided "AS IS" basis without warranty of any kind.
- Rediff.com does not endorse in anyway any Information/Content/materials through this Service. Rediff.com shall neither be responsible nor liable for any damages arising on account of reliance on /use of the Information including the content, advertisement accessed through the Service. Rediff.com shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential loss, damages or for interrupted communications, lost data or lost profits arising out of or in connection with this Service, even if Rediff.com has been advised of the possibility of damages, or inability to use the Rediff sites/services or related services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, or for any Information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Rediff sites/Services, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Rediff sites/Services, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Rediff.com or any of its third party enabling partners has been advised of the possibility of damages. Rediff.com does not endorse in anyway any advertisers/ contents of advertisers on its web pages including this Service. Please therefore, verify the veracity of all information/content on your own before undertaking reliance and actioning thereupon.
- Rediff.com expressly disclaims any claim or liability arising out of your use, accessibility of this Service or violating any rights including the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Rediff.com, its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, demand, loss or damage, including reasonable attorneys' fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use or misuse of this Site, breach of the terms and/or of your representations set forth above.
- This site is created and controlled by Rediff.com in Mumbai India; as such the laws of India shall apply; courts in Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all the terms, conditions and disclaimers. Use of the Rediff sites/services is not permitted in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
- You agree and undertake that you shall not to host, post, upload, display, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any audio/video/images/photos information content/material that is:
(a) belongs to another person and to which you don't have any right to; copyrighted content owned by a third party unless you have the express consent, permission, license, authority of the rightful owner;
(b) violates/infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or any other proprietary or privacy rights of any third party.
(c) is grossly harmful, blasphemous, paedophilic, false, misleading, unlawful or with the intent to defraud, harass, abuse, intimidate, accuse, impersonate or harm the feelings of anyone; illegal, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, provocative, defamatory, indecent, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, threatening, impersonating another person, enticing/harming of minors in any way, infringing of intellectual property rights, proprietary rights of any third party, invasive of privacy or public rights or any other third party rights or otherwise injurious or objectionable, elicit response relating to illegal activity, contain viruses is an expression of bigotry or hatred based on age, gender, race, religion, caste, class, lifestyle preference, and nationality; relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling or otherwise unlawful in any manner
(d) promotes or provides any instructional information about illegal activities;
(e) Upload or post any content/material that contain software viruses or any other computer codes, files or programs that would interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of this Site/Service or any software, network, servers, hardware or any other related equipment, any computer resource.
(f) violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force.
(g) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature.
(h) threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other
In case of any grievance, please contact the Grievance Officer. If you are the rightful owner of the content or an affected person and have the reason to believe that any content that has been uploaded/contributed through this Service contravenes your rights in violation of Rule 3 of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines) Rules, 2011 ('Rules'), then you may intimate the same to Rediff.com in the following manner:
(a) Sending a request in writing or through email signed with electronic signature identifying the content alleged to be in infringement of your rights as the rightful owner or affecting you prejudicially;
(b) Providing exact identification and description of the content by giving its URL that is to be disabled, which in your view contravenes Rule 3(2) of aforesaid 'Rules'.
(c) Giving a declaration cum undertaking alongwith necessary documents establishing you (i) as the rightful owner of the content to be disabled, or (ii) as an affected person, and stating that the information submitted is true, complete & accurate and no material fact has been hidden. Further, stating that Rediff.com and its Management, Directors, employees, including Grievance Officer shall not be liable for any loss or damage or claim for relying upon the said request.
(d) Contact information including address, telephone number, email address, etc. where you can be contacted if required.
You can send your request to Grievance Officer, Rediff.com at:
Dixon D'mello - Grievance Officer
Rediff.com India Ltd.
Address: 1st Floor,Mahalaxmi Engineering Estate, L. J. First Cross Road, Mahim (W), Mumbai 400 016 (India)
Phone: +91-22-61820000 (between9am to 6pm IST from Monday -Friday except Public holidays)
(e) The grievance(s) shall be redressed in accordance with the said Rules and in good faith by the Grievance Officer.
- Assembly constituency boundaries are provided by Bhuved Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad