Following is the text of the affidavit relating to coal allocation scam filed by Central Bureau of Investigation Director Ranjit Sinha in Supreme Court on Friday:
1. I, Ranjit Sinha, aged about 60 years, occupation Government Service, presently appointed as Director, CBI, resident of 2, Janpath, New Delhi-110001, do hereby solemnly affirm and state as under:-
2. I have read the Order dated 12th March 2013 of this Hon'ble Court and am filing this affidavit in compliance of the directions by this Hon'ble Court in the last paragraph thereof, which reads as under:
"Let an affidavit be filed by the Director of CBI that the status report submitted before this Court dated March 8, 2013 was vetted by him and nothing contained therein has been shared with the political executive. He must also state in the affidavit that same procedure will be followed in respect of subsequent status reports that may be filed before this Court."
3. I confirm that the Status Report placed before this Hon'ble Court dated 8th March, 2013 was vetted by me. I further confirm that the Status Report being filed before this Hon'ble court on 26th April, 2013 is personally vetted by me and that I shall continue to personally vet each Status Report which may be filed in this matter before this Hon'ble Court.
4. In respect of the query raised by this Hon'ble Court about sharing of the contents of the Status Report dated 8th March, 2013 with the political executive, I submit that the draft of the same was shared with Hon'ble Union Minister for Law and Justice as desired by him prior to its submission before this Hon'ble Court.
Besides the political executive, it was also shared with one Joint Secretary-level officer each of Prime Minister's Office and Ministry of Coal as desired by them.
5. I confirm that the present Status Report being filed in the Hon'ble Court has not been shared with any political executive in any manner whatsoever. In respect of further Status Reports of the investigations and enquiries required to be filed in this matter before this Hon'ble Court, I undertake and assure this Hon'ble Court that the same shall not be shared with any political executive.