The family of the Delhi gang-rape victim on Monday termed the Juvenile Justice Board's decision of ruling the sixth accused in the case as minor as unfortunate and said that they would challenge it in court.
"The family would consult legal experts and challenge the matter in the relevant court," the brother of the girl told PTI over the phone from Delhi.
"The family is not ready to accept that the sixth accused get anything less than the death penalty," the brother said, adding that the central government should make the necessary changes in the law.
"How can the family accept that the main accused is let off after a mere three-year imprisonment," he asked.
On the decision of the Juvenile Board, the brother said that it had been made based on his school documents, whereas the accused should have been sent for a medical examination.
He expressed apprehension of some kind of ‘fraud’ in mentioning the date of birth in school documents and alleged that the minor accused was the one who had played the main role in the incident.