Shah Rukh Khan's [ Images ] security, which had been withdrawn over a month ago, was restored on Sunday after reviewing the threat to the actor.
The decision to rstore Khan’s security has nothing to do with the statement of Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik [ Images ], the police said on Tuesday.
"Shah Rukh Khan's security was withdrawn over a month ago. However, his controversial interview to the media and Lashkar-e-Tayiba [ Images ] founder Hafiz Saeed's [ Images ] invitation to the actor to stay in Pakistan has prompted us to review his security. His security has been restored on Sunday," said a senior police officer.
"Subsequently, there were reports that the actor was upset with the LeT founder's comments," the officer said, adding, "One police constable will be deployed for the actor's security during the day and another during the night. So, the actor will have round-the-clock security".
The officer said Rehman Malik's statement had nothing to do with the restoration of security to the actor.
"Shah Rukh's security was restored on Sunday while the Pakistani minister made his comments on Monday," the officer said.
Malik had said on Monday that "he (Shah Rukh) is born India [ Images ]n and he would like to remain Indian but I will request the government of India (to) please provide him security”.
Earlier, Hafiz Saeed had said SRK [ Images ] should move to Pakistan if he feels insecure in India, which had upset the actor.
Saeed was responding to an interview given by Shah Rukh Khan, in which the actor had said, "Sometimes, I become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India. I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country".