As many as 15 children and an assistant working at a village Anganwadi centre in Seoni, Madhya Pradesh on Monday fell ill after consuming mid-day meal in which a lizard was found, official sources said.
After the children consumed food at the Aanganwadi of Lalpur village under Barghat tehsil, they and the assistant complained of uneasiness.
a lizard was found in one of the containers from which the meal was served, the sources said.
The food was served to them by a self-help group (NGO).
The children were admitted in the Community Health Centre at Barghat where their condition is reported to be stable.
Confirming the incident, Barghat tehsildar Ajay Pathak said the contract of the NGO has been terminated with immediate effect.