All India Flute Recital Competition
Sahara India Pariwar invites flutists to participate in the All India Flute Recital Competition on the occasion of Jyoti Diwas, April 1, 2004.
Entries are invited for the following categories:
Junior category: Below 18 years
Senior category: 18 years to 25 years
· Participants are requested to send in their entries mentioning their Name, Address, Date of Birth, Telephone Number, Place of Training (if any), Number of Past performances (if any and two recent passport size photographs.
· Entries should reach the address given below, latest by March 25, 2004 after which the screening of the entries will be done for the competition.
· Selected applicants will be given to-and-fro second-class railway fare.
· For the first phase (screening) participants should be present on March 28, 2004 at 10 am at Sahara India Tower, 7, Kapoorthala Complex, Aliganj, Lucknow.
· Sahara India Pariwar reserves the rights for the final selection of the participants and the decision of the judges will be final and abiding.
· Competition will be based upon classical music. Each participant will get maximum ten minutes and accompanists will be provided by the organizing committee.
· Participants who were placed first in Jyoti Diwas 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003 cannot participate in the competition.
Post your entries to:
Jyoti Diwas Competition,
4th Floor, Sahara India Bhawan
1, Kapoorthala Complex, Aliganj, Lucknow 226024
Phone: 2337777, 2335193, 2325895, Fax: 0522-2378200
Indian Forest Service Examination, 2004, Important Notice
The Union Public Service Commission is conducting interviews of candidates who have qualified in written part of Indian Forest Service Examination 2003, commencing from March 29, 2004 and concluding on April 2, 2004.
Interview letters have been dispatched to all the eligible candidates. If any eligible candidate has not received the call letter so far, s/he may contact the UPSC on 011-23388418 or 011-23098591 (extension 4389). The candidate can also send a fax message on fax 011-23387310.
The date of interview of individual candidates is available on the Union Public Service Commission web site www.upsc.gov.in
Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad Admission Notification 2004-2005
The Maulana Azad National Urdu University was established in 1998 by an Act of Parliament as a Central University at the national level with all-India jurisdiction mainly to promote and develop the Urdu language and impart vocational and technical education in Urdu medium through conventional teaching and distance education system.
The University offers admission to the following programmes of study by distance mode in the Urdu medium:
BA, BSc, BCom: First year of 3-Year Degree Programmes:
Eligibility: Any person who is 18 years of age or above (as on July 31, 2004) and has passed in 10+2 intermediate (irrespective of the medium of study) or an examination recognized by MANUU as equivalent is eligible for direct admission. The details of equivalent examinations are given in
Programme fee Rs 800
Last date for receipt of application August 14, 2004
Eligibility test for non-10+2: Those who have not passed intermediate or 10+2 or equivalent or lack any formal education are also eligible if they qualify in the Eligibility Test. The test will be held on Sunday, May 30, 2004 at study centres and other places on all-India basis. They age requirement is as above.
Registration fee for test: Rs 150
Last date for receipt of completed application for test: May 5
Teach English: A Diploma Course, one-year duration
Teach English is designed to help teachers of English improve their proficiency in the spoken and written language and become better teachers of English. The course will be particularly useful to teachers of English in Urdu medium schools and colleges.
Eligibility: A graduate in any discipline from a recognised university of India.
· Certificate Programme in Food & Nutrition (6 months)
· Certificate Programme in Proficiency in Urdu through English (6 months)
· Certificate Programme in Proficiency in Urdu through Hindi (6 months)
Eligibility: No formal educational qualification is prescribed. Those who can read and write in the Urdu are eligible for admission provided they have complete 18 years of age by July 31, 2004.
Last date for receipt of completed applications for admission with programme fee of Rs 350 is August 14, 2004.
Functional English (6-month duration)
Minimum qualification is Standard 10 pass.
Last date for receipt of completed application forms for admission is August 14 and programme fee is Rs 350.
Certificate Programme in Computing (6 months duration)
Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent are eligible for admission.
Last date for receipt of completed applications for admission is August 14; programme fee Rs 1000.
The prospectus-cum-application form may be obtained in person for Rs 45 from:
Directorate of Distance Education
Hyderabad 500 032
The prospectus-cum-application forms may also be obtained by post. Send a note stating which course applied for and Rs 60 in a crossed demand draft from any nationalised bank in favour of Maulana Azad National Urdu University, payable at Hyderabad, to:
Directorate of Distance Education
Maulana Azad National Urdu University
Hyderabad 500 032
Alternatively, forms can be downloaded from the web site www.manuu.ac.in
All queries related to admission may be clarified at phone number 040-23006615.