rediff.com  web 
  »  » Terror strikes Pune

Terror strikes Pune

October 03, 2013
Yasin Bhatkal blows up German Bakery blast probe
Confessions by Indian Mujahideen operative Yasin Bhatkal negate the Maharashtra ATS theory that convict Mirza Himayat Baig played a role in the Pune attack. reports
September 19, 2013
Shinde rules out reinvestigation in German Bakery blast
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday ruled out reinvestigation in 2010 Pune's German Bakery blast case, saying there was no need for it.
September 15, 2013
German Bakery case: Convict moves HC for reinvestigation
In the backdrop of arrest of Yasin Bhatkal, alleged founder of Indian Mujahideen, condemned convict in German Bakery blast case, Himayat Baig has approached the Bombay high court seeking reinvestigation into his
May 12, 2013
Three years on, German Bakery reopens in Pune
German Bakery, the eatery that came into focus after a bomb blast that killed 17 patrons and injured over 60 others in 2010, has been formally reopened at the posh Koregaon Park area here with the owners hoping to erase the terrible memory.
April 18, 2013
Pune bakery blast convict gets DEATH sentence
Mirza Himayat Baig, the lone convicted accused in the German Bakery blast case, was on Thursday sentenced to death by a Pune sessions court.
April 15, 2013
German Bakery bomber convicted
The quantum of sentence would be pronounced on April 18.
August 03, 2011
Pune's German Bakery to reopen by August end
The landmark German Bakery, which was devastated in the February 13 terrorist bomb attack in Pune last year, will be reopened by the end of this month, the owner said on Wednesday.
July 16, 2011
Charges framed in German Bakery blast case
A court in Pune on Saturday framed charges against Himayat Baig, the main accused in German Bakery blast case, and others. Seventeen persons were killed and over 50 injured in the blast at the German Bakery, a popular eatery in Pune's posh Koregaon Park area, on February 13, 2010.
June 01, 2011
Headley 'conducted survey of Pune's German Bakery'
Mumbai attack co-accused David Coleman Headley on Wednesday testified he had conducted a surveillance of the German Bakery in Pune and identified Chabad houses in Delhi, Pushkar and Pune as potential bombing targets. Want to write book, make movie on 26/11: Headley
Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative David Coleman Headley on Wednesday told a United States court that he had conducted a surveillance of the German Bakery in Pune and identified Chabad houses in Delhi, Pushkar and Pune which could be bombed.
April 20, 2011
German Bakery case: Long road ahead for NIA
takes a look at the shortcomings of the German Bakery blast case until now, and the task that the National Investigating Agency has cut out for itself.
December 06, 2010
Pune blasts: Baig learnt bomb-making in Lanka
The alleged mastermind of the Pune German Bakery blast, Himayat Baig, was trained to assemble explosives in Colombo by two of the co-accused in the case when they visited the Sri Lankan capital in March 2008, the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad has contended in the chargesheet submitted to the judicial magistrate in Pune.
October 08, 2010
Pune blast accused, aide sent to police custod
A Nashik court remanded to police custody Himayat Baig, prime accused in the Pune German Bakery blast case, and his aide Shaikh Lalbaba Mohammed Hussain alias Bilal.
August 10, 2010
German bakery blast culprits identified: Patil
The Maharashtra police has identified the culprits of the February 13 terror attack on the German Bakery in Pune, said Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil on Tuesday.
June 16, 2010
Pune blast probe has gone wrong, says DGP
The Maharashtra Director General of Police D Sivanandan has admitted that the investigations by the state Anti-Terrorism Squad into the February 13 German Bakery terror attack have gone wrong.
June 02, 2010
Pune blasts accused Samad seeks bail
Abdul Samad Bhatkal, arrested in a 2009 illegal arms seizure case and a suspect in the Pune German Bakery blast case, has approached a sessions court for bail. "The remaining three accused in the arms case are out on bail. So, on grounds of parity even Samad should be granted bail. Moreover, if his name had figured in this case last year itself, why did the ATS wait for a year before arresting him. He has been falsely implicated," Samad's lawyer Mubin Solkar contended.