Home > India > News > PTI
Pakistan not satisfied with India's response
March 18, 2009 20:40 IST
Pakistani authorities are not satisfied with the India's response to Islamabad's [Images] 30 questions seeking more inputs on the Mumbai terror attacks [Images] as it does not meet their requirements, a media report said on Wednesday.
"We have gone through the 400-page document provided by India but it does not meet our requirements," a senior official in the Interior Ministry, who did not want to be named, told the Dawn newspaper. The authorities decided that the information would be included in the trial of four suspects arrested by Pakistani security agencies, including Lashkar-e-Taiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.
The Interior Ministry on Tuesday handed over the 400-page Indian responses to the Federal Investigation Agency, which is probing the Mumbai attacks. India has blamed Pakistan-based elements, including several top operatives of the LeT, of masterminding and coordinating the attacks that killed 183 people in November last year.
The official also said that India had not replied to two additional questions one that had sought the eyewitness account of a policeman who was the sole survivor of a terrorist attack on a vehicle that killed Anti-Terrorist Squad chief Hemant Karkare [Images] and another query about alleged links between a diamond merchant of Gujarat and some Hindus in Pakistan.
The information provided by India includes DNA test reports on Ajmal Amir Kasab [Images], the only terrorist captured by Indian authorities, and seven other attackers who were killed in Mumbai during attacks, the paper said. The dossier does not provide the DNA test reports of two attackers named Abu Umar and Abdur Rehman.
The Indian authorities said such tests could not be conducted as their bodies were badly damaged in the security operation, it said. The dossier provides some information about internet voice messaging by the terrorists and mentions the internet protocol number (118.107.140139) used by them. Meanwhile, The News daily reported that the Indian response also did not include an authenticated confessional statement given to court by Kasab, which had been sought by Pakistan.
The authenticated copies of some depositions and exhibits filed by prosecutors too are missing from the "otherwise comprehensive Indian response", it reported. Some "legal technicalities" were cited by Indian authorities as the reason for the exclusion of these documents. India has given a detailed response to most of the questions posed by Pakistan on February 12 while "clarification and material sought on some five or six questions is still awaited, a diplomatic source said.
|© Copyright 2009 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.|