|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Discuss | Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop
India's dossier has information not evidence: Gilani
January 13, 2009 19:54 IST
"All that has been received formally from India is some information. I say information because these are not the evidence. This needs to be carefully examined," he said while making a statement in the national assembly on the dossier on the Mumbai attacks handed over to Pakistan by New Delhi [Images].
Pakistan, he said, had already assured India of full cooperation in tracking down the perpetrators behind the Mumbai carnage.
He also referred to Pakistan's proposal for conducting a joint investigation with India into the incident.
"India has, however, not responded to our proposal. We hope they will see merit in it and accept a joint inquiry," Gilani told the lower House of Pakistan's Parliament.
"Serious, sustained and pragmatic cooperation is the way forward. The information provided by India on January 5, 2009, has been sent to the ministry of interior for necessary inquiry in accordance with the law," he said, adding, "The results of the inquiry will be shared with the government of India in due course of time."
Gilani had earlier ruled out handing over any Pakistani national found to be linked to the Mumbai attacks to India or any other country. Such suspects will be tried in the country, according to Pakistani laws, he had said.
Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop