|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Peace process with Pakistan has been paused, says Pranab
February 24, 2009 13:10 IST
Pakistan has to do more to dismantle the terror infrastructure on its soil if it wants to resume the peace process with New Delhi [Images], External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee [Images] said in New Delhi on Tuesday.
"As far as the composite dialogue is concerned, it has been paused. We expect Pakistan to do more to dismantle the terror infrastructure," Mukherjee told reporters.
Pakistan High Commissioner Shahid Malik, who met Mukherjee on Monday, is understood to have explored possibilities of resuming the composite dialogue which was halted after the Mumbai terror attacks [Images] in November last year.
Mukherjee also said Pakistan has to bring the perpetrators of the terror attacks to justice. "The process is on. We have received their response. We are going to send our response to them," he said.
The chargesheet is expected to be filed in a couple of days. After being provided the dossier of evidence on Mumbai attacks, Pakistan has sought more information and in this regard given a list of 30 questions.