|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Discuss | Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop
India to wait for official communication on Pakistan's case on Kasab
February 11, 2009 21:40 IST
"I do not know, until you get the report from them," External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee [Images] told media persons in New Delhi [Images] when asked to comment on reports that Pakistani officials have registered cases against Kasab and thirteen others.
Mukherjee said the problem is that unless India has official information from authoritative sources in Pakistan it would be difficult for any official spokesperson to comment on it.
"Let us wait for what Pakistan has done and let us wait for the official report from them," Mukherjee said.
Pakistani media, quoting sources, said cases have been registered under the Anti-Terrorism Act against Kasab and 13 others in connection with the Mumbai attacks on the basis of the probe conducted by the Federal Investigation Agency.
When reporters sought his comment on Mumbai attacks not being discussed by the United States special envoy Richard Holbrooke's meetings with the Pakistani leadership, Mukherjee made it clear that India did not form a mandate of the US official.
"It is not so far his concern. His mandate is to deal with Pakistan and Afghanistan, not India," Mukherjee said.
"Holbrooke is visiting India and we will discuss the Mumbai attacks and its aftermath with him," Mukherjee added.
Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop