|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Discuss | Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop
Five more chargesheets filed in Ahmedabad serial blasts case
February 04, 2009 13:31 IST
The Ahmedabad [Images] police have filed five more chargesheets in connection with last year's serial blasts, which claimed the lives of 57 people.
All the chargesheets have more than 1,000 pages each and blame Indian Mujahideen [Images] and operatives of the Students Islamic Movement of India for the explosions, Crime Branch officials said.
The documents give details of how the different IM modules worked in coordination to successfully execute the terror attack.
"Roles of Gujarat, Mumbai [Images], Delhi [Images] and Karnataka IM modules, who worked in tandem to carry out the attack, as well as that of each individual in the module, have been described in detail in the documents," the officials said.
The chargesheets filed in the designated court are related to blasts at Sarkhej, Maninagar (two cases), Kalupur and Vatva areas, the officials said.
"There were 21 blasts in different parts of the city on July 26, 2008. The Crime Branch has treated each blast as a separate case and has been filing chargesheets in each case," they said, adding that the chargesheets in the remaining cases would be filed soon.
The documents have named 54 accused and 47 absconders in the Sarkhej case, including alleged masterminds of the blasts Amir Raza Khan, Riyaz Bhatkal and Iqbal Bhatkal, 44 accused and 48 absconders in the Maninagar case and 43 accused and 45 absconders in the Vatva and Kalupur cases.
Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop