Home > India > News > PTI
Discuss | Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop
Delhi blast suspects get judicial remand
September 20, 2008 19:52 IST
Mohammed Saif and Zeeshan, suspected militants involved in last week's serial blasts in Delhi [Images], were remanded to 14 days' police custody on Saturday by a Delhi court as the investigators claimed that their custodial interrogation was necessary to nab other conspirators.
"Considering the abhorrent and fiendish acts that rattled Delhi last Saturday and the police was also bereaved of an officer during the investigation and to unearth the conspiracy, both the accused are remanded to 14-day police custody," Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kanwaljeet Arora said.
The Special Cell of the Delhi police in a brief hearing convinced the ACMM for sending the duo to police custody for
the maximum period of 14-day saying that they have provided vital information relating to the last Saturday's serial
blasts in which 24 people were killed.
"They (Saif and Zeeshan) disclosed the involvement of 10 others in the blasts who are absconding," Assistant
Commissioner of Police Sanjeev Yadav, who is investigating the case said.
"They (Saif and Zeeshan) are (suspected) to be involved in the Gaffar Market blast last Saturday," public prosecutor
Rajeev Mohan told the court.
Saif, in early 20s, and Zeeshan, 25, both residents of Azamgarh district in Uttar Pradesh [Images], were brought to Tis Hazari court amid tight security.
The magistrate, who verified the particulars of the accused mentioned in the application moved by the Delhi police asked the cops not make their identity public as they could be involved in blasts other than that at Gaffar Market in Karol Bagh.
Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop
|© Copyright 2008 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.|