|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Jaipur: 1 more detained; toll 65
May 20, 2008 00:34 IST
The Rajasthan Police picked up one more youth for questioning in connection with last week's serial bomb blasts in the Pink City as two more people succumbed to shrapnel wounds raising the death toll to 65.
They did not disclose the identity of the youth merely saying he was being quizzed in connection with the bombings. Breakthrough in the case continued to elude police even as they pursued several leads to obtain vital clues.
Deputy Inspector General-Crime Saurabh Srivastava and Superintendant of police R Suhas said no fresh sketches of people suspected to be involved in the bombings had been released.
Two more people, wounded in the May 13 blasts, died in hospitals raising the number of fatalities in the tragedy to 65, District Collector Akhil Arora said.
Bhatiya Janata Party activists stormed a private hospital which allegedly charged fee for performing an operation on a blast victim, police said.
A victim's relative alleged the hospital charged over Rs 16,000 though the state government had announced free treatment for the injured.