|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
We didn't open fire on Indian Army: Pak
May 14, 2008 23:04 IST
Pakistan on Wednesday denied that its troops opened unprovoked firing on an Indian border post in Jammu and Kashmir [Images] for the second time in less than a week.
In a statement, a spokesman of the Inter-Services Public Relations denied the 'Indian claim of unprovoked firing by Pakistani troops on the Line of Control in Neelam valley'.
"Indian military authorities have been informed that no incident of firing from (the Pakistani) side of the LoC took place as claimed," the spokesman said.
A flag meeting was scheduled later in the day to 'clarify the issue', he said.
The firing on Tuesday night on the Indian border post in Tangdhar region in North Kashmir came close on the heels of Pakistani Rangers breaching the ceasefire on the international border in Samba sector earlier this week.
The two fresh incidents of firing have occurred days ahead of External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee's visit to Pakistan on May 21 to review the last round of the composite dialogue process.